How to setup Google Ads (Adwords)
Follow the steps below setup a google ads.
1. Create a campaign
- To start your campaign, go to https://adwords.google.com, find the “START NOW” button, and sign up for an AdWords account. Once you’re logged in, click the “Create your first campaign” button.
2. Login to your gmail/gsuite account
- Add your info (including email and website name)
- Login to your gmail/gsuite account
3. Set your daily budget.
First, decide how much you want to spend.
4. Choose the geographic location where you’d like ads to show.
Next, decide how large or small a geographic area you want to target. You can choose whole countries, regions of countries, states or provinces, cities—even U.S. Congressional districts. You can also choose custom-designated geographic areas, such as latitude-longitude coordinates or the radius of a set number of miles or kilometers around a specific address.
5. Choose your bid strategy, and set your daily budget.
Change the default “Bid strategy” to I’ll set my bids manually. This gives you more control and will help you learn AdWords at a greater level of understanding. You can always change to one of the many automatic options later.
6. Write your first ad.
More people click on ads when the headline includes the keyword they’re searching on. So use your keywords in your headline when you can. You’re limited to 25 characters here, so for some search terms, you’ll need to use abbreviations or shorter synonyms.
Here’s the short version of your ad template:
Headline: up to 25 characters of text
2nd line: up to 35 characters
3rd line: up to 35 characters
4th line: your Display URL
7. Enter your billing information.
Your ads will start showing as soon as you confirm your payment information. Now you’re set.